Sunday, August 31, 2008

No Worry's Restaurant. Cabo San Lucas


No Worry's Restaurant.
Cabo San Lucas, Baja Mexico.


My recent travels took me to Mexico and with a short opportunity for lunch, I approached a lighthouse shaped restaurant called No Worries.

After I requested to eat on the second floor, I was turned down. “Its not open” the man told me in broken English. I then told him to bad an
d turned away.

“Senior, come. I will seat you.” He then led us into the patio and pulled back the chairs. What caught me
off guard is that he took hold of the table, placed it on his head and started up the stairs to the second floor.

The second floor is an area for restaurant expansion where one day it will be a nice dining room filled with booths and chandeliers; but for us it was a large empty room and made an excellent place for our lunch.

From our
second floor private room, we could sit on the large window ledge overlooking the beautiful Cabo San Lucas Marina. Mango Cadillac Margaritas, a bucket of beer, and a basket of fresh tortilla chips was an excellent start for our indulgence.

The bay
windows wrap around the room and the cool breeze made for a wonderful atmosphere. For a moment it was hard to believe we were in another country; it seemed too much like home.

Our main dishes were two Lobster tails served on lettuce leafs with steamed vegetables and a cheese stuffed baked potato. Lobster seeme
d to melt in our mouths and for one brief moment overshadowed the beautiful view. Eyes rolled and gentle moans came with every tantalizing bite.

Also ordered was coconut shrimp served with a cup of rice and a cup of beans. This was not a great value for the portion size was small. The shrimp had a thick breading and a lace of coconut. It was deep fried which turned the breading dark brown and the shrimp was on the verge of being tough. This was not a bad dish; yet it could not outshine the lobster.

The bottom floor of the restaurant was charming and had a tropical patio dining flair. Inside the main room were a large gift shop and a great sports bar feeling atmosphere. This is definitely a night spot of choice.

No Worries was such a wonderful experience that we cannot wait to go back. When in Cabo San Lucas visit the No Worries Restaurant. I am sure you will have a nice time.

The only regret I have is I did not pick up a T shirt. My bad.

No Worry's Restaurant - Web

Blvd. Marina
E/V. Guerrero y Madero
Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S.
Mexico 23410
tel: (624) 143-8575



No comments: